Lindoso village is located 25 km from Ponte da Barca. This Parish have 1300 inhabitants mainly agricultures.
For many centuries Lindoso played a key role in the defence of the Portuguese frontier. Its main attractions today are the castle, and one of the country’s best-preserved collections of granaries. Restoration work has recently been carried out here.
The castle of Lindoso is classified as National Monument and stands on a small rocky outcrop beside the village of the same name. Well worth a visit, it was built during the region of Afonso III, with bulwarks and other defensive works from the 17th century.